To celebrate the release of "Call To Awaken" by Brina Engh (aka Historian Himself) I give you here a bunch of sketches which depict various monsters which are inspired by Brian's hand puppets/monster suits and his lyrics. I tried to give this theme a global undertone.
I worked with ballpoint pen, pencils and waterbrushes where I mixed the water with sepia ink.
Here, finally the video, much more awesome than I even thought: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwv49Y…
1. A fast drawing I made minutes after seeing "in Mountains". Turtle beasts with big hunger
2. More turtles and other monsters
3. Giant pterosaurs breaking through the Earth crust
4. Something strange and never seen...
5. whole reefs begin to shaken, in china three predatory anapsids awaken in the waters of the Three Gorges Dam...
6. And the tower karst of Thailand spits out the dsungaripterid twins.
7. Meanwhile a old desert dragon opens its eyes after millions of years for the first time in the middle of the arabic desert and at the coast of Chile the locals are surprised by an tsunami followed by the scaly god which caused it.
8. Beside sharks and crocodiles Africa gets a new killer; the Fringetail loves humans
9. In other parts of the world the forests are flooded by primeval lizards of immense size.
10. The first cities go down under the stomping feed of sailbacked varanoids and archosaurs and hill sized turtles follow.
11. Dunes and houses fade away when the horned Whiptail becomes angry and even the modern war weapons are nearly useless when these giants want some fun with rocks and buildings.
12. Planes and buses: toys and snacks for those who search for food and entertainment.
13. Germany's deepest caves reveal their darkest secrets and on the other side of the world a indigenous worshiper greets the new king of the Tepuis.
14. "And when the coils of Jörmungandr cut of any path back to land", "And when unidentified species of plesiosaurs rise from the depth to feed on the flesh of man...".
Somewhere in the pacific local fishers must realize that not all islands where they rest are what I seem.
15. And again... the Rocky Mountains get a new Caldera and near Greece the old Karkinos feels the foot of Herakles no longer on his back
16. "We are the elected sect determined to detect monuments which are hidden as these sediments shift...", And another column in Monument Valley falls...
17. Tanks don't affect the hides of beasts armored by evolution and time. "She would soon lay eggs in volcanic craters...", and the hot spring near the Vesuvius other amphibians start their invasion.
18. The old dynasty of terrorbirds rises again to terrorize their old territory, now in T. rex size
19. And while Armadamander release its wild brood the sail of an 40 m long monster cut through the waves of the atlantic right in front of the popular beaches of Costa Rica.
Website of the Historian: hyrotrioskjan.deviantart.com/a…