It's a big, and often difficult, task to motivate 29 puberty students.
That's why I constantly produce stuff like this to boost creative thinking and avoid questions like, "and what is our mission?", just minutes after I explained it...
We are now at the beginning of the creature design phase.
Here rough google translations of the two longer texts you see here:
Topography: Mostly flat terrain, uphill towards the mountains. Several large hills and small mountains in the south near the coast. In the middle of the country there are numerous former volcanic vents that protrude up to 80m into the sky. Smaller coastal hills.
Climate: Mostly hot and dry, little rainfall. Mediterranean to temperate in the deep south.
Plants and waters: steppe and scrubland around a mostly desert-like heartland. Partly oases and wadis in the desert. 3 large salt lakes near the coast are below the sea level. Smaller deciduous and coniferous forests in the south.
However, many small brooks, which never advance to the heartland in the western mountains. A large lake near the southern tip of the continent.
Your country gets a face
Illustrated using the symbols and the techniques I have shown you / will show the map of your country . If you have a symbol that occurs in different versions you have to decide which you want to use it in the group. (you can create a group legend)
Also mind :
- The map must approximately match the description of the country.
- The scale must be met approximately .
- Borders are simple lines , the arts are double lines
- Used to draw the blue Fineliner be surrounded by rivers and lakes
- Tried the vegetation types in different shades of green to make
- Think of shadow and light with mountains and other surveys
- Draw anything with only the pencil before
2 Your country is populated
As with your first task you shall animal and plant species also invent based from actually existing species . Never use to gather ideas once your sketchbook. Later, you can then transfer the creatures in pure form on A4.
The life - forms have to make sense and meet in large parts of the laws of biomechanics, when you need help says modest .
- It is a good start to create a " common ancestor " where you can always continue to build so that a whole new family developed .
Considering the need - the animals and plants that their records match the respective habitat ( cacti do not grow in the high mountains )
- In every ecosystem there is more plant eaters than meat eaters
- There are always lots of small animals and only a few large
- On islands live because of the limitations of habitat and food rather small animals ( even humans can be affected ) for this but often those who would never give it to the mainland, and many animals that never larger on the mainland because of the many predators as be a few centimeters, can often on islands to the giants of their family grow (rats on the island of Flores, for example, were once more than half a meter long).
Here is a table of the orders of magnitude :
1x ...... 3m high, 5m long ( the "elephant" of your country )
1x ...... 2 m high, 3.5 m long
4x ...... 1.5m high, 2m long
6x ...... 50cm high , 1m long
8x ...... 30cm high , 50cm long
( Animals in insect size as much as you want )